The purpose of the Healing Trauma Network is to promote the continued growth and use of Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy (PIT) in the private practices of clinicians in the United States and other countries. It is also to be a directory of Trauma Healing Therapists for people who struggle with addictions, PTSD, attachment issues, and developmental trauma.
Pia Mellody is recognized internationally as an authority on childhood trauma, codependence and addiction. She has created a framework for identifying codependent thinking, emotions, and behavior and provides an effective approach to recovery.
This will be accomplished by:
- Being a resource and reference for all clients trying to find Pia Mellody trained therapists and workshops in their local area
- Publicizing professional training workshops for therapists wanting to continue strengthening their expertise in this methodology
- Offering subscribed members the ability to list their biography, contact information and listing of any workshops or groups they offer in their private practice
Recent Blog Posts
- The Quick-Start Guide to Healing Trauma and Psychological Wounds by Neil Strauss (2/27/2017) - A Framework For Transformation Over the course of writing The Truth, I came to develop a very specific take on healing trauma, specifically developmental trauma, as I slowly but surely reduced my own. As an overall framework for psychological healing, think of the childhood pain and shame we store—and the dysfunctional behaviors and thoughts created by them—as cancerous […]
- How to Move Beyond Blame and Reclaim Your Wholeness by Vicki Tidwell Palmer, LCSW, CSAT (4/20/2015) - This article is based on Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy model of treating childhood trauma. When it comes to dealing with childhood issues, most of us tend to gravitate toward one of the following extremes: “It’s in the past, so what’s the point?” “It’s all my parent’s fault I’m the way I am!” Imagine going […]
- Teens: Installing Resiliency for the Journey by Catherine Mollner MA., LPC (9/1/2014) - I am deeply grateful to Pia Mellody for her excellent work in identifying and describing the healthy attributes of the human person. The world is getting bigger for teens as they embark on the monumental task of exploring their identity, discovering whom they are and becoming a member of a wider society. They need the […]
Who We Are
We are a network of dedicated licensed professionals using Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy and other innovative treatments in our private practices. We are not affiliated with any other organization or institution. Post Induction Therapy (PIT) helps treat clients who present with symptoms of developmental immaturity (formerly called co-dependence).
The premise of PIT is that childhood trauma (defined as anything less than nurturing) is the origin of developmental immaturity. Recovery from co-dependence involves both energetically releasing the toxic emotions left over from these painful childhood experiences, and learning to re-parent the self by intervening with these adaptive states which are defined as adult symptoms of co-dependence.