The purpose of the Healing Trauma Network is to promote the continued growth and use of Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy (PIT) in the private practices of clinicians in the United States and other countries.
Pia Mellody is recognized internationally as an authority on childhood trauma, codependence and addiction. She has created a framework for identifying codependent thinking, emotions, and behavior and provides an effective approach to recovery.
We will accomplish this by:
- Being a resource and reference for all clients trying to find Pia Mellody trained therapists and workshops in their local area
- Publicizing Pia Mellody’s professional training workshops for therapists wanting to continue strengthening their expertise in this methodology
- Offering subscribed members the ability to list their biography, contact information and listing of any workshops or groups they offer in their private practice
Recent Blog Posts
- How to Move Beyond Blame and Reclaim Your Wholeness by Vicki Tidwell Palmer, LCSW, CSAT (4/20/2015) - This article is based on Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy model of treating childhood trauma. When it comes to dealing with childhood issues, most of us tend to gravitate toward one of the following extremes: “It’s in the past, so what’s the point?” “It’s all my parent’s fault I’m the way I am!” Imagine going […]
- Teens: Installing Resiliency for the Journey by Catherine Mollner MA., LPC (9/1/2014) - I am deeply grateful to Pia Mellody for her excellent work in identifying and describing the healthy attributes of the human person. The world is getting bigger for teens as they embark on the monumental task of exploring their identity, discovering whom they are and becoming a member of a wider society. They need the […]
- Family of Origin Workshops or Bottom Up Trauma Work by Jan Bergstrom, LMHC (8/21/2014) - Every year on a regular basis I conduct family of origin workshops called “Healing Our Core Issues”. They investigate the origins of adult dysfunctional behaviors. These workshops are based on the empowering work of Pia Mellody. During this dynamic educational and experiential process, participants learn to identify and address those early childhood issues, which have […]
Who We Are
We are a network of dedicated licensed professionals using Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy in our private practices. We are not affiliated with any other organization or institution. Post Induction Therapy (PIT) helps treat clients who present with symptoms of developmental immaturity (formerly called codependence).
The premise of PIT is that childhood trauma (defined as anything less than nurturing) is the origin of developmental immaturity. Recovery from codependence involves both discharging the toxic emotions left over from these painful childhood experiences, and learning to reparent the self by intervening in one’s own adult symptoms of codependence.